Today, Sara and Chelsey discuss Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. This novel surprised us in the best ways, and we loved reading along with you all summer. Tune in to hear us talk about the fantastic characters and McMurtry’s narrative style in this sweeping tome, drawing surprising similarities with Jane Austen. This novel touches on themes of love, family, masculinity, and so much more. If you’re looking for a fantastic book club selection with more to discuss than could possibly fit in an hour, consider this novel along with some of our pairings. This episode is mostly spoiler free, with warnings included before we share important plot details.
To support Novel Pairings:
- Write a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Subscribe to our newsletter at novelpairings.substack.com
- Join our Patreon community at patreon.com/novelpairings.
- Follow Novel Pairings on Instagram or Twitter.
- Send this episode to a bookish friend!
Some links are affiliate links. Every time you make a purchase through one of these links, it helps us keep the podcast running. Thank you!
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
Listen to our pairings: [56:15]
- Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- The Sun by Philipp Meyer
- The River by Peter Heller
- A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza
Pick of the Week:
Chelsey: The Harder They Fall (Netflix)
Sara: The Watch: Lonesome Dove