Today, Sara and Chelsey discuss chapters 27 through the end of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. We discuss Jane’s journeys from coming of age to literally hiking on the moors, the juxtaposition of Rochester and another romantic interest, the ending (of course), and whether or not we think this qualifies as a “feminist text.” Plus, we offer six pairings that touch on the tone, themes, and legacy of Brontë’s iconic novel. We think you’ll be shocked by one of Sara’s pairings and can’t wait to hear what you think!
Click here to listen to the episode, or download it wherever you get your podcasts.
For more bonus episodes, nerdy classes, and extra book talk, join our Classics Club: patreon.com/novelpairings.com.
Get two audiobooks for the price of one from Libro.fm. Use our Libro.fm affiliate code NOVELPAIRINGS and support independent bookstores.
Skip to the pairings: [46:35]
Thank you for supporting the show by shopping our affiliate links!
- Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye (Amazon)
- The Governesses by Anne Serre (Amazon)
- My Plain Jane by Brodi Ashton, et al (Amazon)
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyers (Amazon)
- White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi (Amazon)
- The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud (Amazon)
Picks of the week: