Sara and Chelsey discuss Jane Austen’s silly, ridiculous, and absolutely delightful work of juvenilia: Love and Freindship. From fainting spells to the history of parody, this episode is full of nerdy information and fun Austen context. If you’re looking to lighten up your reading life with irreverent novels and humorous romance, these pairings are for you, regardless of whether you’ve picked up Love and Freindship.
- Join our Patreon community at patreon.com/novelpairings.
- Follow Novel Pairings on Instagram or Twitter.
- Use our Libro.fm affiliate code NOVELPAIRINGS to get an audiobook subscription and support independent bookstores.
Love and Freindship by Jane Austen
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Texts from Jane Eyre: And Other Conversations with Your Favorite Literary Characters by Mallory Ortburg
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare
- Miss Austen by Gill Hornby
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson
- Jane Austen: A Life by Claire Tomalin