“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents.” So begins the book that launched a million little girls’ love affair with reading. While we here at Novel Pairings have pretty mixed feelings about Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women, our discussion of this beloved childhood classic is one of our favorites.
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without some discussion of Little Women, so whether you love them or loathe them, we hope you enjoy today’s rerelease as we deep dive into the world of Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy.
For more bonus episodes, nerdy classes, and extra book talk, join our Classics Club: patreon.com/novelpairings.com.
Get two audiobooks for the price of one from Libro.fm. Use our Libro.fm affiliate code NOVELPAIRINGS and support independent bookstores.
Meg, Jo, Beth, Amy: The Story of Little Women and Why It Still Matters by Amy Boyd Rioux (Amazon)
So We Read On: How the Great Gatsby Came to Be and Why It Endures by Maureen Corrigan (Amazon)
Skip to the pairings with this timestamp: [36:14]
Shop the pairings with our affiliate links below:
- More to the Story by Hena Khan (Amazon)
- Most Likely by Sarah Watson (Amazon)
- Writers & Lovers by Lily King (Amazon)
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez (Amazon)
- The Resurrection of Joan Ashby by Cherise Wolas (Amazon)
- The Illness Lesson by Clare Beams (Amazon)
Picks of the week: