Today, we welcome Raelyn Torngren to the podcast to educate us on the horror genre. From defining tropes to engaging in literary criticism to offering excellent book recommendations, we cover a lot of ground! This episode is excellent for readers who are ready to lean into their darker tastes this season or readers who are new to the genre. You can find Raelyn on Instagram @reading.reverie and follow her Youtube channel, Reading Reverie for video essays and book recommendations. She also hosts a horror book club!
For more bonus episodes, nerdy classes, and extra book talk, join our Novel Pairings Classics Club: patreon.com/novelpairings.com.
Connect with us on Instagram or Twitter. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get updates and behind-the-scenes info.
Get two audiobooks for the price of one from Libro.fm. Use our Libro.fm affiliate code NOVELPAIRINGS and support independent bookstores.
Thank you for supporting the show by shopping our affiliate links!
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston (Amazon)
- The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher (Amazon)
- Powers of Horror by Julia Kristeva (Amazon)
- White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi (Amazon)
- Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu (Amazon)
- The Dangers of Smoking in Bed by Mariana Enriquez (Amazon)
- The Shining by Stephen King (Amazon)
- The Gunslinger by Stephen King (Amazon)
- The Hole by Hye-Young Pyun (Amazon)
- Naomi’s Room by Jonathan Aycliffe (Amazon)
- White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson (Amazon)
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson (Amazon)
- Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Amazon)