Today Chelsey and Sara are discussing Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. We take some conversational bunny trails to explore our high school reading experiences, our relationships with science fiction, and our philosophical ponderings inspired by Billy Pilgrim’s story. As usual, we’re recommending six contemporary books to pair with Vonnegut’s most famous work, including anti-war satire and sci-fi short stories.
Listen to the episode here or download it in your favorite podcast app.
For access to our recent class on literary theory and bonus episodes every Friday, join our Classics Club: patreon.com/novelpairings.com.
Use our Libro.fm affiliate code NOVELPAIRINGS to get an audiobook subscription and support independent bookstores.
Skip to the pairings with this timestamp: [28:45]
These links are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, Novel Pairings will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
- This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone (Amazon)
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain (Amazon)
- Regeneration by Pat Barker (Amazon)
- Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang (Amazon)
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson (Amazon)
- A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson (Amazon)
- The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien (Amazon)